Comment on page
How does Allbridge Core work?
Allbridge Core offers a native stablecoin bridging experience, enabling seamless cross-chain swaps between EVM and non-EVM blockchains.
Currently, Core supports the following blockchains: Arbitrum, Avalanche, BNB Chain, Ethereum, Polygon, Solana, and Tron.
Core supports only native stablecoins.
Once the transaction is initiated, assets are swapped on the Source chain to the virtual value transfer tokens. These tokens transfer the information via the selected messaging protocol. When the message arrives, it triggers the contract on the Destination chain, and the virtual tokens are swapped into the desired asset.
Allbridge Core offers an option to receive additional gas tokens on the Destination chain by charging an extra fee in Source chain gas. This makes Allbridge Core convenient for entering the new chain or topping the newly created wallet.
Allbridge Core is built on top of multiple messaging protocols, offering wider blockchain coverage:
- Wormhole messaging powers transfers between Solana, Ethereum, Polygon, and BNB Chain.
- Allbridge messaging is used for cross-chain swaps between Tron and other supported chains.
- After the bridge is deployed and the initial testing is concluded, the ability to upgrade the contracts will be disabled.
- Liquidity migration will be akin to Uniswap releases, requiring the liquidity providers to transfer their liquidity to the new version of the bridge.
- Non-upgradability of contracts contributes to the bridge’s security, removing the malicious intrusions into the transfers as a potential attack vector.